The Timely All-in-one event calendar is a useful free plug-in for WordPress which contains an internal calendar with a large number of functions.
Create a new event
Use these steps for adding events such as meetings or other things where people come along.
Then, under Events, click Add New.
In the Add New Event window, enter the title of the event.
Some suggested titles of meetings are:
- Widget Meeting: Month, Day
- Strategy meeting: Month, Day
- Event Name: Month, Day
click on each of the following and add details:
- Event date and time
- Event location details (if you can get an address for the meeting, the in-built google calendar will display these details on the event)
- Organiser contact information
In the body of the Add New Event page, enter details of the event, such as:
- Widget meeting for MONTH. See LINK for agenda and minutes.
- Strategic meeting for YEAR. See LINK for agenda and minutes.
Add the category
On the right of the screen is the Category panel.
Tick one category for the event (you may have to create these if they don’t already exist):
- Widget meetings
- Strategic meetings
- Event meetings
Once your event is entered and you’re sure the information is correct, scroll back to the top and click Publish.